EAST SUSSEX PHYSIO COVID POLICY
Covid-19 protocol for our patients and clients at Honeys Green Clinic, Halland - June/July 2020
- Your therapist will run through comprehensive COVID-19 screening questions with you when you make your appointment, the day before your treatment and before you enter the treatment room. This is to keep our staff, clients, family and friends as safe as possible during the pandemic. If you are unsure of the latest COVID-19 symptoms to look out for please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 please let your therapist know straight away and do not attend the clinic – there is no late cancellation fee for those with COVID-19. In all other cases 24 hours’ notice of cancellation is required please.
- If you are in the vulnerable category or shielding someone who is vulnerable you are highly advised not to have hands on treatment at this time. You may like to consider video consultation instead. Please ask your therapist for more info.
- If you are coming for treatment it is vital that you are following government guidelines for social distancing, handwashing, movement restrictions etc and that you are clear of all symptoms of COVID-19. If you feel you are at higher than normal risk for any reason please discuss this with your therapist prior to your appointment.
- To minimize risk we have closed the waiting room at present and ask that patients wait in their car in the carpark until your therapist comes out to collect you. Entry to the clinic is via the carpark door only. Your therapist will open and close it for you!
- We ask that you wear a clean or disposable mask to your session please. If you do not have one your therapist will be able to supply you one (at a cost of £1). We ask that you have your mask on before entering the clinic and that you do not remove it until you are back in your car at the end of your session. Thank you.
- Your therapist will be wearing a mask and / or visor for your treatment, along with clean disposable apron and gloves.
- You will be asked to read and sign a brief “Explanation of Risk” statement by your therapist before treatment commences.
- The treatment room will be cleaned before and after your session, ventilated and left empty for a minimum of 20 minutes between patients.
- Your therapist will take your temperature before you enter the room using a contactless laser thermometer.
- Both yourself and your therapist are requested to sanitize hands on entering the treatment room
- Whilst your therapist will do all they can to keep you comfortable, the room may be more ventilated than usual – if you think you may become cold you might like to wear a thermal base layer or similar during your treatment. Your therapist may be able to treat you with them on. Clean towels will be provided.
- Both yourself and your therapist are requested to sanitize hands after your treatment session
- If you feel you may need water please bring your own and try not to drink or eat anything in the treatment room
- Please try to use the WC before coming to the clinic where possible. If you do need to use the WC it will be clean and sterile for you but please let your therapist know that you will be using it. Please spray door handle, locks, taps toilet flush and seat with bleach spray provided and wipe down well with paper towels after use. Please dispose of these in the bin provided not the toilet. Thank you.
- Our COVID-19 Risk Assessment statement is available upon request from email@example.com