EAST SUSSEX PHYSIO COVID POLICY
Covid-19 protocol for our patients at Spa Therapy, Uckfield, November 2020
- Your therapist will send you a COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to your first appointment. You will be reminded to refer to this document before each appointment to check nothing has changed. If anything changes please contact your Physiotherapist before attending your appointment. Prior to entering the treatment your physio will ask you if your covid exposure has changed and/or whether you have any symptoms. If you are unsure of the latest COVID-19 symptoms to look out for please visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 please let your therapist know straight away and do not attend the clinic – there is no late cancellation fee for those with COVID-19. In all other cases 24 hours’ notice of cancellation is required please.
- If you are in the vulnerable category or shielding someone who is vulnerable you are highly advised not to have hands on treatment at this time. You may like to consider video consultation instead. Please ask your therapist for more info.
- If you are coming for treatment it is vital that you are following government guidelines for social distancing, handwashing, movement restrictions etc and that you are clear of all symptoms of COVID-19. If you feel you are at higher than normal risk for any reason please discuss this with your therapist prior to your appointment.
- Please do not arrive more than a couple of minutes early for your appointment, to ensure you do not overlap with the previous client.
- We ask that you wear a clean or disposable mask to your session please. If you do not have one your therapist will be able to supply you one (at a cost of £1). We ask that you have your mask on before entering the clinic and that you do not remove it until you leave the building.
- Your therapist will be wearing a mask and / or visor for your treatment, along with clean disposable apron and gloves.
- The treatment room will be cleaned before and after your session and left empty for a minimum of 15 minutes between patients.
- Your therapist will take your temperature before you enter the room using a contactless laser thermometer.
- Both yourself and your therapist are requested to sanitize hands on entering the treatment room
- Whilst your therapist will do all they can to keep you comfortable, the room may be more ventilated than usual – if you think you may become cold you might like to wear a thermal base layer or similar during your treatment. Your therapist may be able to treat you with them on.
- Both yourself and your therapist are requested to sanitize hands after your treatment session
- If you feel you may need water please bring your own and try not to drink or eat anything in the treatment room.
- Your contact details will be required for the NHS Test and Trace service. These contact details will be passed to the owners of Spa Therapy and submitted to test and trace.