Who is this programme for?
- Would you like to return to running after pregnancy, abdominal or pelvic surgery?
- Do you lack confidence to run because you are not sure your body is conditioned enough to cope?
- Would you like to do a specific rehabilitation programme to prepare you for high impact sport (eg netball/football etc) after pregnancy and childbirth?
- Would you like to feel confident that your body is ready for the repetitive impact your joints and pelvic floor face during running?
- Would you like the support of a Physiotherapist and Women's Health Specialist in helping you prepare your post natal/post surgical body to run?
Before you start the programme you will be deeply screened. This is to ensure there are no ongoing health issues that need to be dealt with before commencing your return to running schedule. If there are any concerns you will have a free telephone consultation with a Chartered Physiotherapist to discuss your individual case.
The course is designed to be completed along with a couch to 5km programme. Depending on your baseline results you can start this at the same time as the course or after the course is complete (when you have met the strength targets).
Please note, if you suffer from any form of stress incontinence, symptomatic prolapse or unexplained bleeding, you will not be accepted onto this course. Please see your GP/local women's health Physiotherapist.
WHat does the course include?
- Educational videos on pelvic floor and core recovery in relation to running
- Baseline and progress tests so you can see the change in your strength and endurance
- 6 weeks of exercise videos
- These will be bitesize chunks to ensure you can fit them into your day. There will be three separate types of exercise videos: pelvic floor and core strengthening, specific lower limb conditioning exercises and impact work. You can do the exercise videos all in one go or split them up throughout the day. Each video will be approximately 10 minutes in length.
- Invitation to join a private facebook group for support from Claire Brodie, Chartered Physiotherapist
WHat kit will i need?
You can purchase individual bands on the booking page of the website, or the whole kit. In addition you will need small dumbbells ( a range of weights between 1-5kg).
what is the cost?
The normal price of this programme will be £47 but as a special introductory offer you can purchase the programme for just £17!!!